Luscious Carrot Ginger Soup
Posted on April 11, 2012
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Pound carrots, cubed
- 3 Tablespoons garlic (reader be aware, I love garlic)
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Ginger root about 2 inches, shredded
- ½ Cup sour cream
- 1 Pinch ground cinnamon or nutmeg ( not both or else it will end up tasting to pumpkin pie-ish)
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Swiss Chard chips, for garnish (click here for recipe)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a big pot, sauté over medium high heat, butter, carrots, and onions, until onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken broth bring to a boil. Then simmer over low- to medium heat until carrots are fork tender.
- Remove pot from stove. Shred ginger and squeeze the juice out of the pulp or put the pulp in the soup (if you don’t mind that it might be a little fibrous).
- Transfer to counter and blend with immersion blender.
- Serve in a bowl garnish with Swiss Chard chips, sesame seeds, and a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!