Melt-in-Your-Mouth Zesty Lavender Cookies
Posted on June 5, 2012
I hope you are having a great day! I wanted to share this great baking recipe with ya’ll! Happy cooking and blogging🙂
Zesty Lavender Cookies
- 3/4 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 TBSP of lemon or orange zest
- 2 TBSP of fresh lavender, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP of fresh orange or lemon juice
- Don’t use too much lavender because it can take on a bitter, cheap perfume-ish flavor
- I save the peels from oranges, lemons, or any citrus fruit and freeze them in an airtight container so I can have zest any time I need it!
Directions (Adapted from Shortbread Hearts of Barefoot Contessa)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt; then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture.
Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
Add zest, lavender, and citrus juice.
Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and roll shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
Roll the dough 1/2-inch thick and cut with a 3-inch heart-shaped cutter.
Place the hearts on an ungreased sheet pan and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature. And enjoy with your friends and family!