Delightful Hawaiian Ahi Poke
Posted on August 11, 2012
- 1 lb, fresh Ahi Tuna
- 3 green onions, sliced on a bias
- 1/2 ginger root, finely sliced julienne
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced on a bias
- 1 bunch cilantro, remove the stems and keep leaves
- 2 tablespoons, sesame seeds
- 2 cups, canned or fresh pineapple chunks cut in ½ inch squares
- 1 Avocado, cut in ½ inch squares
- Green onion threads
Marinade for Poke
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons, brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon, lime juice
- 2 tablespoons, canned pineapple juice
- ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1-2 teaspoons of Cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
Vinaigrette for avocado
- ¼ cup canned pineapple juice
- 5 chunks of pineapple
- ½ lime, Juiced
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 stem of green onion
- 1 garlic
Salt and pepper
Cut Ahi Tuna into 1/2″ cubes – set aside and refrigerate.
Prep all Poke ingredients as indicated by the ingredients list. Combine the tuna, green onions sliced on a bias, finely julienned Ginger, garlic cloves finely sliced on a bias, cilantro leaves and sesame seeds in a bowl. Mix well and refrigerate.
Combine the ingredients of the poke marinade in a bowl. Mix until well incorporated. Combine tuna mix with the poke marinade and set aside in the refrigerator.
Cut avocado in ½ inch squares with this tip.
Combine the ingredients of the avocado marinade in a bowl and mix with an immersion blender.
Combine avocado squares with the marinade and set aside on the refrigerator.
Take the two bowls with the poke marinade and the avocado out.
For plating, get a 3-inch pastry ring.
Fill the pastry ring halfway with the avocado mix.
Top with the Tuna mix.
Add the fried green onion threads on top. Lastly, make a smear of the Vinaigrette for avocado on the side and enjoy!